Thursday, February 4, 2021

Sunshine Blogger Award Tag 2021!

 

Anna and I were nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Rachel at Hamlette's Soliloquy. I was flattered! Thank you :D Since Anna is at work at the moment and I might forget to complete this blog post later, I'll be the only one answering the questions. Here are the rules:

  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog. 
  2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you. 
  3. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
  4. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions  

    Rachel's Questions:

    1. Fantasy or sci-fi?

    Fantasy. I don't think I've ever read science fiction, to be fair, but I really like fantasy in both books and movies and science fiction always feels cold and weird. I don't know. It's kind of unsettling usually.

    2. Tragedy or comedy?

    Probably comedy, although a good tragedy can be very entertaining. I really like Macbeth, but generally I don't like plays, books, or movies that have sad endings. The general gist of the story can be sad, but I don't want to be depressed at the end. #OfMiceandMen



    3. Fiction or nonfiction?

    Fiction, I would have to say, at least in regard to pleasure reading. I do enjoy reading about horses and animals, though, as well as other interesting topics, but I'm definitely more likely to pick up a story of adventure and mystery when I just want to be entertained, more than an informative nonfiction book.

    4. Snow or rain?

    Snow! But only because it never seems to snow here and it never seems to stop raining. It's raining as I write this. In the winter, excluding a few lovely days in January, it literally never stops raining in western Washington. Snow is so magical!



  5. 5.  Orange juice or apple juice?

    Apple juice all the way. I like the taste better and it looks like whisky, so I feel like a cowboy whenever I drink it in a glass.

    6. Christmas or Easter?

    Now this is a hard question. I'm going to go with Easter for now, but that could change anytime. I love the liturgy and all the delicious food in the baskets and the usually warm weather and the light happy colors.

    7. Middle-earth or Narnia?

    Gahhhhhh! This one is way too hard. Right now I feel like visiting Rohan and Eomer and Legolas and the Shire, so we'll go with Middle-earth for now, but I loooove Narnia as well.



    8. Marvel or DC?

    I don't have an unfailing devotion to either, but I think I like more movies that have been in the Marvel Universe, so Marvel it is.

    9. Star Wars or Star Trek?

    Star Wars. Our family has never been devoted to either of these franchises either, but the first three Stars Wars movies are really good. My favorite character is Hans Solo, just for the record.

    10. Old movies or new movies?

    Old movies!!!!!! Definitely, 100 %. I like some new movies, and I won't discount a movie simply because of the year it was made, but I also like not having to be worried about people, um, partaking in inappropriate and disgusting behavior, as well as gore and swearing and all that nasty stuff. Besides, movies that came out through the 30's and into the 60's were usually charming and there are so many good ones that nobody knows about anymore that I wish people would watch instead of today's trash. Trash I tell you! I could rant on this one for a while.

    I love this movie.


    11. Old books or new books?

    Hmm, I'm a bit less resolute on this question. I've read a lot of good new books, as well as a number of good old books. Newer books are definitely much easier to read, but usually the story isn't as original, but of course there are many exceptions among modern writers. I'd say, as long as the new book isn't inappropriate, I like them equally.

    Those were some great questions! Now for mine:

    Irene's Questions

    1. Romantic comedy or noir?
    2. John Wayne or James Stewart?
    3. South America or Africa?
    4. Penguins or koalas?
    5. 40's movies or 60's movies?
    6. Roller skating or swimming?
    7. Maureen O'Hara or Olivia de Havilland?
    8. Pistachios or cashews?
    9. Going to bed or waking up?
    10. Classical music or pop?
    11. Romance novels or mystery novels?

    Since I yet again don't have eleven people to nominate, I'll go with two :D

    My Nominees

    Megan at the Pen and the Cross
    MovieCritic at Movies Meet Their Match

    Ta da! I am done! Anybody who wants to answer the questions can do that in the comments or on their own blog. Have fun and have a nice day! :D

    ~ Irene



2 comments:

  1. Blech, I can't stand Of Mice and Men.

    I love that painting of Gandalf and Aslan!

    Han Solo is also my favorite in the Star Wars universe :-)

    Your questions are really fun as well, so I'm just going to answer them here. Because I can :-)

    1. Romantic comedy or noir?

    Noir, usually.

    2. John Wayne or James Stewart?

    John Wayne <3

    3. South America or Africa?

    Hmmm. I'm not super fond of either cuz they're both #toohot, but Africa has cool things like the pyramids that I would like to see, so I guess I'll pick Africa.

    4. Penguins or koalas?

    Penguins! (I must say this or be assassinated in my sleep by my 10-yr-old.)

    5. 40's movies or 60's movies?

    Um. Hmm. I love early-to-mid-'60s movies dearly, but Alan Ladd made some of his best movies in the '40s. So I'll go with both?

    6. Roller skating or swimming?

    Swimming, absolutely.

    7. Maureen O'Hara or Olivia de Havilland?

    Maureen O'Hara <3

    8. Pistachios or cashews?

    Pistachios.

    9. Going to bed or waking up?

    Waking up.

    10. Classical music or pop?

    Depends on what era for pop. Pop now? Meh. Pop from the '60s? GIMME.

    11. Romance novels or mystery novels?

    Mystery, no contest. My favorite genre!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I thought it was super well-written, but that ending... I just can't.
    I was very pleased when I saw that paining, since I wanted something of a crossover between the two worlds.
    I actually agree with most of your answers. I haven't even thought about whether I like penguins or koalas better... Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete