Thursday, July 22, 2021

Anna's Legends of Western Cinema Week Tag Answers 2021

                             

Hello! I am back for the Annual Anna's Post (yes, I know, it's ridiculous). I may be a failure when it comes to posting, but thanks to Irene's constant reminders I am here to celebrate the wonderful, amazing week that is "Legends of Western Cinema Week". What kind of a western fan would I be if I didn't put time aside for this?
Anyway, enough about me, let's get onto the questions!

The Legends of Western Cinema Week Tag

1) Western movies or western TV shows? 

A: First off, what kind of a question is this? How can one possibly choose between the two most wonderful things to ever grace the movie screen? But as an answer, I really can't choose between the two. It depends on my mood and who I'm with.


2) Funny westerns or dramatic westerns? 

A: Once again, I can't really choose between the two. I would say half of my favorite westerns are funny and half are dramatic.


3) Westerns that focus on loners or westerns that focus on families? 

A: My gut instinct was loner, because who doesn't like a mysterious, gritty stranger riding into town with a weird aversion to people? But then I thought about the perfect combination. A loner finding a family. That, that is where it's at.


4) Male-centric westerns or female-centric westerns? 

A: The only female-centric western I've ever seen was with Irene and we didn't finish it...Why'd you let us down Joel? Why?


5) 1930s to 1960s westerns or 1970s to 2020s westerns? 

A: I would say my favorite time period for westerns is definitely the late 50's into the 60's. That was when they were really getting the hang of it.


6) Westerns that take place in America or westerns that take place internationally? 

A: Considering the only two I've seen that didn't take place in America were Hidalgo and the Man from Snowy River (both fantastic movies), I would have to go with America. 


7) Family-friendly Westerns or edgier Westerns? 

A: That depends on your definition of edgy, but I don't go for the super gory or gross westerns.


8) Straightforward good guy or conflicted hero? 

A: I love both! A nice healthy mixture is what I would say. Too much goody-goody is bleh, and too much conflict-shmonflict is also bleh.


9) Historically accurate Westerns or Westerns that aren't afraid to take some creative liberties?

A: Welllllllllllllllllll, ya see, I am willing to look over some inaccuracies and whatnot, but I would be a lot happier if all westerns were accurate. Too many creative liberties just throw me off.


10) Bittersweet or happily-ever-after endings?

 A: BOTH! It allllll depends on my mood. I love a good heart wrenching ending where you hate everything and cry yourself to sleep, but I also like to have those happy endings where everything is right with the world and the hero and everyone else is happy!


There you have it! Once again, this tag was super fun and I feel like a new person...Not really, but I feel good for finally writing something on here. I hope you all enjoy the rest of this brilliant week and watch lots of westerns.

- Anna

5 comments:

  1. For so many of these the answers could easily be "both," right?

    I agree with what you said about needing to define "edgy"; there's a big difference between a story dealing decently with strong subject matter and one splashing unpleasant content all over the screen, but the same adjective gets applied to both.

    I would also be a very happy person if all westerns were accurate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we just need to take over the movie industry and make our own westerns the way they should be XD Historically accurate with the perfect balance of all the boths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Too much goody-goody is bleh, and too much conflict-shmonflict is also bleh." <--- Word! You described it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A loner finding a family is EXACTLY where it is at. Mmm, mmmm, good.

    Glad you were able to join the fun! :-D

    ReplyDelete