Friday, September 10, 2021

Sunshine Blogger Award 2021... No. 2!

 


Anna and myself were nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award for the second time this year! We're so dang popular, it's flattering. I'll be answering the questions posed to this blog by Rachel at Hamlette's Soliloquy, who kindly nominated this blog. I really do appreciate it so much.
 Now I must list some rules:

1. List the award's official rules
2. Display the awards official logo somewhere on your blog
3. Thank the person who nominated you (thank you ^-^)
4. Provide a link to your nominator's blog
5. Answer your nominator's questions
6. Nominate up to 11 bloggers
7. Ask your nominees 11 questions
8. Notify your nominees by commenting on at least one of their blog posts

Now on to the questions!

1. What was your favorite movie when you were 10 years old?
Ummmm. That was so long ago (though not really). I'm thinking probably The Apple Dumpling Gang, Mission Impossible, or The Avengers, haha.

Mission: Impossible [Special Collector' Edition] [DVD] [1996] - Best Buy

2. What's your favorite movie now?
Good golly gosh, how should I know? The Magnificent Seven always, but I feel like there's a movie I recently watched that I really thought was amazing. Oh, I've got a good one! On of my favorite comedies that is surprisingly obscure and incredibly enjoyable is 'It Should Happen to You', starring Judy Holliday, an absolutely delightful actress, and made in 1954. I love it a lot.

3. What would be your dream cast for an adaptation of your favorite book?
I have not thought up a complete dream cast for one particular book, but I have thought of actors I think would match certain characters perfectly. Like Hans Gudegast as Baron Dietrich von Schonheim in the Borrowed House, or Skandar Keynes as Edmund from the Golden Princess and the Moon. I know he's already Edmund, but he'd make a good Edmund in that too.

Gunsmoke's Jaekel TV Episode: Eric Braeden & Julie Gregg Guest Star230 Edmund Pevensie ideas | edmund pevensie, chronicles of narnia, narnia

4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?

Arggghhh, this is so hard! To Kill a Mockingbird is very high on the list, as are the Lord of the Rings, True Grit (1969), The Magnificent Seven, and Big Jake. Love me some Elmer Bernstein!

5. Do you have a favorite movie-watching snack?
I actually am partial to Little Debbie's cosmic brownies while watching a good movie. They're so tasty, even if they do put ingredients in there I don't want to know about.

Easy Fudgy Brownies - one bowl recipe! | Vintage Kitchen Notes

6. Who is your favorite person to watch movies with?
Well Anna of course. I also have two friends who I've only seen a couple movies with, but they have proved themselves to be excellent movie-goers. Just enough commentary to show they're interested in the plotline, adequate gasps and chuckles, and an intelligent analysis of the film once it's finished. Oh, and they will also quote the film with Anna and me afterwards, so that's aboslutely fantastic.

7. Is there a hairstyle in a movie you've always wished you could pull off?
Not that I can think of. Any hairdo worn by a female in Middle-earth is epic, but my hair is actually long enough to pull them off, so I don't have to wish lol.

Catching up on some more Middle Earth braid style with this one. It's  hard to tell what's really going on in Arw… | Hair styles, Elf hair,  Elvish hairstyles

8. What movie animal would you like as a pet?
Brego is a wonderful horse. I would like him. I would also like Shadowfax, but I know he wouldn't let me ride him. Dog from Big Jake would be epic, and the wolf from the Journey of Natty Gann would also not disappoint me.

9. What movie house would you like to stay in on vacation?
I'm feeling like any Victorian mansion or colonial farm house right now. And of course the treehouse from Swiss Family Robinson (1960). 
 
 Solve Stately Victorian Mansion jigsaw puzzle online with 90 pieces

10. What's the oldest movie you've watched?
Where Are My Children, made in 1916. An incredibly intense silent film about abortion that I should totally review sometime.

11. What's the newest movie you've watched?
Midway, I think. The 2019 version. It was one of the best modern movies I've seen, for sure.

Midway (2019) — Contains Moderate Peril

And there we go! Those were really good questions. Now I'm gonna tag a few bloggers!

Megan at the Pen and the Cross
Sarah at Sixty-Something Trees
Samantha at Bookshire

There we go! Three is a great number. Now here are my tag questions... Dun dun dun!

1. Scotland or Italy?
2. Silent movies or 90's rom-coms?
3. Tennyson or Shelley?
4. Ambrosia salad or plain old marshmallows?
5. Cello or piano?
6. Activities with friends or just sitting and talking?
7. Cold weather or hot weather?
8. Writing poetry or writing stories?
9. Texting or talking on the phone?
10. Snakes or slugs?
11. Cheerios or corn flakes?

Until we meet again, have a wonderful September and God bless you! :D :) :D
 
The Virginian (1962)






6 comments:

  1. The Apple Dumpling Gang! I think we watched that one when I was little...and I haven't thought about it in ages!

    Watching movies with sisters is the absolute best. :)

    Female hair in Middle Earth is excellent! I should try doing my hair like that more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and thanks again for the tag!!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome!
      The Apple Dumpling Gang is prime Disney entertainment, for sure.
      You should do your hair like that! Everyone should, except for guys. Even if Legolas and Aragorn look good in it long hair, the times change lol

      Delete
  2. AGGGHH this tag is such fun! You are justly popular. :) Midway is SUCH a good movie, I really wanna watch it again (and so does my little sister...so we should really make time). And isn't it great to have good movie-watching partners? A legitimate test of friendship right there. :)

    Your questions are PERFECTION and I CANNOT WAIT to answer them. *scurries off to draft a post*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a legitimate test of friendship! That's why I worry about some of my friends... lol Just kidding.
    I can't wait to see your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your well-deserved popularity, haha!! And thank you for tagging me, I shall greatly enjoy doing this!

    Dude, The Apple Dumpling Gang was the best! (I remember watching the sequel but I don't remember loving it? I don't really remember anything about it.) Also No Deposit, No Return, my sisters and I LOVED that one, did you ever watch it? (It has Don Knotts but no Tim Conway sadly.)

    I am really interested in that silent movie! Or at least in your potential future review of it, because I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy actually watching a silent movie...I should try it sometime, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete